THE HOUSE OF HOPE (MADES)
Ministry to prisoners & needy persons.
MADES is a social, non-profit making and apolit- ical association whose main goal is to provide assistance to ex-convicts, street children, prisoners and needy people.
It is made up of quite a number of fields of action which are namely: the agro-pastoral sector, counselling and reinte- gration, evangelization/the making of disciples of Jesus Christ so as to implant 10,000 churches of 50 to 100 mem- bers from Yaounde to other countries of CEMAC zone.
MADES is one of the sub-departments of the Mercy Works in charge of helping our ministry to manifest the kingdom and the goodness of God to prisoners and needy persons
This prison ministry is the resultant of 40 months spent in prison by Brother Michael ECHONDONG. While in prison, he received the burden of bringing the good news of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ to the many young people in jail. Thus, in agreement with the leader of the Ministry, he set up the sub-department of the prison ministry. In this light, an association was thus created "La Maison de l'Espoir" (MADES) that we use to access prisons. Administrative authorization to operate as such was obtained in August 2014. Since then our prison ministry has been operating under this cover
- Agro pastoral (D.A.P): handles the implementa- tion of agricultural projects and processing of nat- ural products etc.
- The training department (D.F): handles voca- tional training, small trades, education and em- powerment of needy persons.
- Department of social works (D.O.S): handles all health, rehabilitation, re-education and reorienta- tion concerns etc.
- Department of ICT (D.TIC): handles the infor- mation and computer unit of MADES; it is also responsible for creating a platform that facilitates communication, information dissemination, so as to improve visibility and efficiency.
- Acquisition of 10ha of land for agro-pastoral projects.
- Gospel of Christ preached in 20 prisons already. - More than 2000 people led to the Lord Jesus
- Christ and regular follow-up on the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith is ongoing in 6 prisons where authorization was obtained
- Material donations: dry rice, antiseptic soaps, clothes and shoes for men and women, the book "the love and forgiveness of God"
- Financial donations to supervisors. Settlement of fines for certain prisoners.
- Establishment of an office at the base (headquarters) located in Nkolo II (Nkoabang- Yaounde).
- Construction of part of the fence and drinking well at the base.
- Celebrating weddings of ex-prisoners some of who have now become heads of families and assembly leaders.
- The major project is the launching of the construc- tions of the MADES Base (head quarters).
- Continuous ministry to prostitutes and street Persons
- kick start the agro-pastoral projects.
- Raising of 10,000 co-workers for the ministry by prayer and fasting on behalf of MADES
- Raising by spiritual aggressiveness three hundred sums (300 m) for realization of the building and ongoing projects.
MADES has 04 branches
- Agro pastoral (D.A.P)
- The training department (D.F)
- Department of ICT (D.TIC)
- Department of social works (D.O.S)
- Department of ICT (D.TIC)